February 8, 2012

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bites

I recently had a party where I needed some sort of dessert. I didn't want to bake, and I didn't want something straight off the shelf.

While I was wandering Cost Plus World Market the day before the party, I saw this cool toothpicks with knotted bamboo at the decorative end. And it struck me (an idea - not the toothpick): I could do a dessert skewer!

Thus, Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bites were born.
Ingredients:
Strawberries - cut into halves or quarters, depending on size
1 Sara Lee Pound Cake - cut into bit-sized cubes
Candy chocolate (or chocolate chips and a spoonful of Crisco)

1. Skewer alternating chunks of pound cake and strawberry
2. Melt chocolate in microwave - stirring often.
3. Drizzle chocolate over skewered food (skewers should be placed on wax paper or something similar for this step).
4. Let set.


No comments:

Post a Comment