January 2, 2012

The Best Bread Ever

I've started 2012 by going to heaven. One bite of this bread and you'll grow wings and don the white gowns and everything. You'll hear imperial sounds and see shining lights that can only be from the maker Himself. Really. It's that good.

Friends, crafters, countrymen, I offer to you Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread.

The recipe comes from this awesome blog. I didn't modify a thing. I see no rel need to. Those who know me know how rare it is for me to accept a recipe as written. This is a big deal.



Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread




3 very ripe bananas, mashed

1/2 C peanut butter

1/4 C oil

1 egg

1/2 C sugar

1/4 C brown sugar

1 1/2 C flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

8.5 oz bag of Reese's Miniature Peanut Butter Cups



Preheat oven to 350*


Grease loaf pan(s) (choose whatever size you want. I uses mini loaf pans)

Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

Stir together bananas, oil, peanut butter, and sugars.

Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Stir until moist. The batter will be lumpy.

Fold in Reese's Miniature Peanut Butter Cups.

Pour into prepared pan(s).

Bake at 350*. 8x4 pans will bake for approx an hour. Smaller pans will bake less time. The mini loaf pans I used baked for 35-45 minutes.

Let cool in pan for 10 min. Then remove from pan and let cool, if you can.




Do you see how awesome this bread is? Have you gained five lbs just looking at it? Wait until you taste it. Your life will be changed forever.



Moose Tracks:

I used almost the whole bag of mini pb cups. In fact, I used all but one. because somebody has to do quality control.

I prefer mini loaves to one large loaf. For many reasons. 1) They cook faster 2) They tend to brown evenly without the edges getting burnt and 3) I feel much less guilt when I admit to having eaten a whole loaf.

If I were to make any changes to this recipe, it'd probably be to coarsely chop the pb cups before folding them into the batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment