January 21, 2012

Peach Bread (Canned Fruit)

Peach bread. It's made of yum.
Have I told y'all I live at high altitude? It means some of my quick breads fall in the middle. But they're still baked wonderfully and are super yummy. I like to think of it as a feature of quick breads I make.
Without further ado, I bring you another bread recipe for canned fruit.
3 eggs
2 C sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 C vegetable oil
3 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp orange zest/dried orange peel
2 C diced peaches, drained
1/2 C walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350
Grease and flour bread pans (this recipe makes the equivalent of 2 8x4 inch loaves).
Beat together all wet ingredients.
Add in dry ingredients until combined.
Fold in peaches.
Pour or scoop batter into prepared pans.
Bake at 350 until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Note: For 8x4 loaves it's about an hour. For mini loaves I tend to get it done in just under 35 minutes. Muffins take 18-25.

Moose Tracks:
When you find something that works - stick with it. Peach bread is a variation on a theme of the Ginger Pear Blueberry Bread. See what I did there?

No comments:

Post a Comment