January 21, 2012

Last-Minute Creamy Penne with Chicken & Broccoli

I have young kids. Two beautiful boys. And as much as I love them, I'm starting to notice that they depend on me. Greatly. Like how they want dinner every night, even though they were fed lunch, breakfast, and a snack or three. They still want dinner. Why is that?!
Well, until I can solve the problem of them having to eat so regularly, I chose to work on the problem of what to feed them. Some nights I just don't have it in me to make a four course meal for two little guys (hubs works nights. I don't feed him during the week, in case you were wondering.)
Last week I threw together some stuff and it turned out to be a pretty good dinner.

Last-Minute Creamy Penne with Chicken & Broccoli

2 chicken breasts (no need to be thawed)
1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
2+ cloves minced garlic (or equiv amount garlic powder)
1 - 2 C broccoli florets, frozen
2-3 C Penne Pasta
1 C cream, half and half, or milk
2-4 Tbsp butter
1/4 C parmesean cheese
Diced tomatoes for garnish
Parsley for garnish

Dice frozen chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken, salt, pepper and garlic.
Brown chicken.
While chicken cooks, boil water for pasta.
Cook pasta and broccoli according to directions on pasta box/bag.
Just before pasta's done, scoop 3-4 ladelfuls of pasta water into chicken.
Add cream, butter and parm.
Stir until sauce thickens slightly.
Add in drained pasta and broccoli. Stir to coat.
Sprinkle with minced/julienne/chopped parsley and fresh diced tomatoes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment